Compare 2024 Medicare Plans
What Is Medicare?
Medicare is a federal health insurance program in the United States that primarily serves individuals aged 65 and older, as well as certain younger individuals with specific disabilities. Established in 1965, Medicare provides essential medical coverage to eligible beneficiaries to help them access essential healthcare services.
What Types of Medicare are Available?
The program is divided into several parts:
- Medicare Part A: Also known as hospital insurance, it covers inpatient hospital stays, skilled nursing facility care, hospice services, and some home health care.
- Medicare Part B: Often referred to as medical insurance, Part B covers outpatient medical services such as doctor visits, preventive services, durable medical equipment, and certain diagnostic tests.
- Medicare Part C: Also known as Medicare Advantage, this is an alternative way to receive Medicare benefits. Private insurance companies approved by Medicare offer Part C plans, which often include additional benefits beyond Parts A and B.
- Medicare Part D: This part provides prescription drug coverage to Medicare beneficiaries. Offered through private insurance companies, Part D helps reduce the cost of prescription medications.
Who Is Eligible for Medicare?
Medicare plays a crucial role in ensuring that older Americans and individuals with disabilities have access to essential healthcare services and prescription drugs, promoting better health outcomes and financial security for millions of beneficiaries across the country. Here are the main groups of people who are eligible for Medicare:
- Those 65 and older
- People with Disabilities
- People with End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- People with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
© Copyright Full Beaker, Inc. 2024
We do not offer every plan available in your area. Currently we represent zero organizations which offer zero products in your area. Please contact Medicare.gov, 1- 800-MEDICARE, or your local State Health Insurance Program (SHIP) to get information on all of your options.